Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Greetings from Ireland!

Happy Tuesday everyone! While many of my classmates back at UMF have already started classes, today is my official first day of school here at the University of College Cork. That being said, I'm currently sitting in the library 3 hours before my class starts, because I'm terrified of getting lost and being late (this campus is HUGE!).

For those who might not know, I'm spending my fall semester here in Ireland, under the generous George Mitchell Peace Scholarship I was awarded. I'm only taking three classes over here: Introduction to Modern Irish History for Visiting Students, Ancient Ireland, and The Curriculum in Special Needs Education. While my first two classes are just for fun, I'm taking my Special Education  class to see how disability is perceived in Europe, and more specifically, in Ireland.

My schedule this semester is pretty awesome. I have Mondays and Fridays off, and the earliest I have a class is at 2 pm. I'm hoping to find a volunteer opportunity that would put me back in the classroom a few days a week, so I can see first hand how the Special Education curriculum is different (or similar) from the United States. Also, with my long weekends, I'm hoping to travel as much as my budget will allow me. I'm hoping I'll be able to extend my research to other European countries, but we'll have to see.

For my first Irish excursion, I visited the Cliffs of Moher with my roommates. Here are some pictures of that, along with some pictures of campus in general!

That's all for now folks,
Lindsay

P.S. I totally love it here at UCC!







2 comments:

  1. That schedule is awesome! I hope you have/ are having so much fun!! This makes me even more excited to travel. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! You're going to LOVE traveling! Love you too, and miss you tons!

      Delete