Friday, June 10, 2016

Hey everyone!

My name is Lindsay, and I am a junior at the University of Maine at Farmington. I am studying Special Education with a minor in International and Global Studies. Although I'm not sure what my path will be after college, I'm hoping to do something related to bringing awareness to the treatment of people with disabilities in other countries.

I am VERY fortunate to have so many travel opportunities this year, where I will be able to study the perception of disabilities in other countries first hand. My first stop this year will be Tanzania from June 19th - July 3, 2016, and then Ireland this Fall. With these trips, and hopefully more in the future, I will be conducting a research project on how the perception of disabilities varies by country, location, culture, etc. I will be posting my findings on here!

If you are interested in learning more about the perception of disabilities in the locations I am visiting, I would love for you to follow my blog! That being said, if you are a family member looking to follow me on my adventures this year, I'd love for you to follow my blog as well.

That's all for now! I'm going to start my research on disabilities in Tanzania before I leave, so stay tuned for another post!

Peace, love, and other stuff,
Lindsay

No comments:

Post a Comment